Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New beds!

Over a year ago, Ryan and I got married! Woo!

I know I know, old news. But I have a reason for bringing it up. Ryan and I finally took my parents up on their gift of a new bed as our wedding present. We have moved so many times in our relationship that we were trying to hold out until we found a more permanent home (as in longer than a 1 year lease) but the uncomfortable bed could not stay another day. After some research and budget planning, we (mostly me) decided on a sweet memory foam bed and a platform from ikea!

It only took me 5 hours to build, but I love it more every day.Also, the height works perfectly with our nightstands. We can finally stop bumping our heads and faces on the corners!
Hazel lucked out because I couldn't handle the idea of tossing out a perfectly good (and expensive) memory foam topper and our apartment is way to cramped already to store it. So something had to be done with it.
We set up her cage,
but she has since grown out of her yellow bed from when she was a sick puppy.
A new bed was in the cards for her and I seized the opportunity to get crafty. I was still feeling on a high from the wallet, so I went for it full steam ahead.
Hazel wanted to be a part of every step of course. She wanted to be sure mom's lines were straight and that the cushion was, ya know, cushy enough.
I hardly had it in place before Hazy jumped in to test out her new digs. She approved!

No comments: