Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wastin' Time Day 3

I never knew just how much time I could waste, until I had time to waste it! I turned in the last of my assignments on Wednesday, the first day of the month and the first night of official free time!

While I will not feel completely and totally unstressed until I get my actual grades and degree, I am feeling like a 3 story brick building has been taken off my shoulders. Just in time for full-blown Christmas relaxing. Well, that's not entirely true. As soon as I finished my internship and classes, I immediately picked up as many sub-jobs as possible and increased my availability at target by 300%. Even so, there is no greater feeling than coming home from my job(s) completely free to do anything.

Lately, Ryan has been asking me, "What have you been up to?" periodically throughout the day. I find it hard to answer that question. Hours pass and I have no idea what I have done. I'll probably start feeling guilty about not getting anything accomplished eventually, but as of now, I am enjoying the lazy-time that I have earned.
By day 3, I have wrapped up Christmas presents, washed a few dishes and hung a few clothes. I have started checking off items from me "Freedom List". This includes re-watching all of the seasons of Sex & the City - I'll round-off that item by watching both movies. Also on the list - read a magazine cover to cover. I've got issues from August that haven't even been touched! There are about 6 books on the list that I have been dying to read. I've found several art and sewing projects that I would love to try, too.

I figure by day 5 I will be ready to whole-heartedly tackle the things that actually need doing such as the laundry or the dishes or or changing my last name or calling my mom (just kidding, I did that on Day 1 - moms are important!)

In the meantime - pictures!
Our first Thanksgiving dinner as husband and wife: meatballs, ham, broccoli casserole and steamed green beans.

Homemade pumpkin pie for dessert:
After the meal, we put up the tree!Cheesy picture! Hanging our first ornament together

All decorated:

1 comment:

Nana said...

Sweet picture ... hanging the ornament together...you will LOVE that picture in years to come! Enjoy the down time...nothing lasts forever! = )